Great Forest Events has now been running for 21 years!
Our event attracts over 3000 people every year to the Waitarere Forest and we now put $10,000.00 back into the community each year through our volunteer programme.
Great Forest Events Incorporated Society Purpose
To promote and co-ordinate a physically active and healthy lifestyle programme and activity in the Horowhenua through:
- the set up, management and operation of running and walking events under the style of Great Forest Events.
- the provision of an iconic walking and running event in the Horowhenua community.
- the provision of events for family groups, sporting clubs, schools and the community.
- the maintenance of a close liaison with and derives support from the club which instituted the original events, namely the Levin Joggers and Walkers Club.
- ensuring that the Society continues to have a local-community focus, base, and loyalty and uses local resources and personnel where reasonably appropriate.
- improving our community by meeting needs; by undertaking the service of providing a large scale physical event and keeping the costs within a level that families and individuals can reasonably afford.