REGISTRATION PICK UP
Race packs can be picked up on the Friday before or on event morning.
Friday 5pm - 8pm
- Levin - Te Takere - 10 Bath Street - 5pm - 8pm
- Palmerston North - Shoe Clinic - Broadway - 5pm - 8pm
(you can select when you enter where you want to pick your pack up from)
Saturday from 6am
Great Forest Events HQ Tent - at least 30 minutes before your event begins.
- Entries open - 11th December 2017
- Late entry fee applies - 1st April 2018
- Entries close - 11th April 2018
There will be no entries available on the day.
The event venue at Waitarere Forest is on Waitarere Beach Rd off State highway 1.
It is a 15 minute drive North from Levin or a 45 minute drive South from Palmerston North.
The forest is made up of 4WD gravel roads and forest tracks.
Parking on the day will be in the parking paddock next to Event HQ.
Please follow the directions of the parking marshals.
Timing mats will be located at all start lines and at the finish line.
Disposable timing chips are attached to the back of your race number and will record your time.
Timing chips do not need to be returned.
Event HQ will offer the full post-race experience; where you can relax, soak up the atmosphere, appreciate a well-earned massage, refuel, and enjoy celebrating your achievement with friends and family. Make a day of it with plenty of delicious food stalls, and entertainment; whilst cheering on other finishers.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
In the interest of providing a safe and enjoyable event experience for all entrants please take into account the following;
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right
- Be courteous to your fellow participants at all times
- Please obey instructions from race officials and volunteers at all times
TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY TO SOMEONE ELSE
Participants can transfer their race entry to someone else up until 11th April 2018.
Note: It is not permitted to transfer your entry to someone else other than through this process, including on Event Day.
It is very important for health and safety reasons for us to know the correct identity of every athlete on course.
Any athletes caught doing this will be disqualified and may be prevented from entering future events.
REFUND YOUR ENTRY
Requests for refunds must be notified in writing to the Great Forest Events Team.
Requested can be made up until midnight Friday 2nd March 2018.
Unfortunately after this date entry fees are non-refundable.
There is no eftpos on site so please remember to bring cash for food or any other purchases you wish to make.
We are a no smoking event.
There is no smoking allowed in and around the event HQ, parking area and on course
RACE DAY RULES
- Place getters are from gun time
- Nordic Walkers - Walkers are allowed to use walking poles but will not qualify for a winners prize
- iPods - If you use an Ipod please make sure you can still hear Marshalls and people around you.
- All runners and walkers must stick to the course
- Dogs - No dogs are allowed on the course
- Bikes - No bikes allowed on the course. This is a safety issue
- The course is run over 4wd forest tracks with a mixture or gravel, pine needles and sandy base.
- There are no Hills!